You need to have python2.7 installed.
cp /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rpdb2.py .
- Apply patch
--- /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/rpdb2.py 2010-08-17 22:12:52.000000000 +0300
+++ rpdb2.py 2014-05-14 10:37:29.559752856 +0300
@@ -7280,7 +7280,7 @@
Set rpdb2 to wrap all signal handlers.
for key, value in list(vars(signal).items()):
- if not key.startswith('SIG') or key in ['SIG_IGN', 'SIG_DFL', 'SIGRTMIN', 'SIGRTMAX']:
+ if not key.startswith('SIG') or key in ['SIG_IGN', 'SIG_DFL', 'SIGRTMIN', 'SIGRTMAX', 'SIG_BLOCK', 'SIG_BLOCK', 'SIG_UNBLOCK', 'SIG_SETMASK']:
handler = signal.getsignal(value)
- Start Winpdb using python2
- Start rpdb2 using python3
python3 /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/rpdb2.py --debuggee myscript.py
- Attach the newly created debugger to Winpdb.
I've developed a small RESTful service with Tornado and I wanted to generated doc for the exposed API. Lucky me, someone already thought about it and created the sphinxcontrib.autohttp.tornado addon for Sphinx.
The next few tips will help getting the work done:
- If you're using python-3, you need to use this file tornado.py. The latest release 1.2.1 (as of 30/04/2014) doesn't work with python-3, because
methods = inspect.getmembers(handler, predicate=inspect.ismethod) # returns an empty array with python-3
The predicate needs to be changed to include ismethod or isfunction
- In the subclass of the RequestHandler, be sure that the SUPPORTED_METHODS is defined as a tuple
SUPPORTED_METHODS=('GET') # WRONG
SUPPORTED_METHODS=('GET',) # CORRECT
- If you add a decorator to your handler methodes, be sure to use functools.wraps or functools.update_wrapper to copy the docstring of the original method to the function returned by the decorator.
This is my conf to stream my Linux desktop screen in my apartment using VLC.
Continue reading LAN Screen + Audio sharing
In 2009, I bought a Iolair MB24W, one of those with a MVA display. Except the time when I had to reset the screen to restore the EDID (Press M, +, - until the blue led blinks 3 times), the screen works fine ... until recently.
The screen switches on but stays white. No picture at all, not even the OSD menu.
Continue reading LCD repair
Following on the first part of the Blync hack, I want to be able to control the color from a terminal.
Continue reading Blync
There is funny little usb gadget called the Blync identified by VID: 0x1130, PID: 0x0001.
It's a glowing RGB cube, but it has two defects for me:
- the driver is only available for Windows
- only 7 colors are available
Let's fix it.
Continue reading Blync